Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I just couldn't resist....

Well, it happened, I broke down. It only took a couple of weeks...

Yes, that's right, I bought the fabric that I LOVE and plan to use to make a diaper bag. I know, I know. I should wait until a baby is here to do that but I just wanted it and it was on sale... Those who know me KNOW that I can't possibly pass up a good sale. And I figured that if there is no baby at the end of this, I can turn the fabric into a quilt. I really love it that much! Here it is:

Circa 1934 fabric family

My fave print from the collection

And here is the link to the bag pattern

Now, it is not at all baby-ish. But, it would be fine for IJ or I to carry because it is gender neutral. I am not convinced all things for baby need to look like they are baby-ish. The baby quilts that I have made recently are from more adult looking fabrics. Not this graphic but not light pastels with chickies and duckies and bunnies either. What can I say, I gotta be me!

1 comment:

Chickenpig said...

Very nice print. I totally agree about the baby print thing. Newborns see bold patterns better, anyway. And anything that makes hubby happier to carry the diaper bag is good :)

My good friend who makes awesome quilts made my daughter a beautiful baby quilt all in dark blues on lighter blues. The bold print really kept her captivated during tummy time, and it is really refreshing to have something that isn't pink. Now that she is older the blue quilt still looks good in her room after all the baby stuff is gone.