Wednesday, October 19, 2011

No time for a sore throat

I called the nurse today because my throat was bothering me and I wanted to know if I could take anything or drink a packet of Emergen-C. Glad I called because she said no, all I could take is Tylenol. There are things I could take if I had a cough or congestion though. And, she said absolutely not on the Emergen-C. Too many vitamins. Fortunately, my sore throat isn't so bad and I am hoping it is more of an allergy situation.

While I was on the phone with her, something inside my head said to ask who was doing the retrieval. My usual doctor did the retrieval last time so I figured it would be him. But NO, it is a different doctor in the practice. It is the doctor that did my embryo transfer last time. So at least I have met him before. I am very glad I asked because that would have been the kind of unwelcomed surprise that could throw me off completely. I am not thrilled about this news but, I am trying to be positive about it and think of it as a change from last cycle, maybe he will be a lucky charm. Hoping my doctor does the transfer but he is away at a conference this week. Not sure when he is back.

I just finished drinking a huge bottle of Gatorade. The light purple flavor. I just do not love Gatorade. I will switch to just water now but I know the Gatorade has the electrolytes I need to help with the bloating. And believe me, I feel as big as a house today! I will drink more tomorrow and Friday. If I recall correctly, the worst day of bloating was the day after the retrieval. I should probably buy more Gatorade.

4 comments:

DandelionBreeze said...

Hope your sore throat clears up... this journey is so stressful that I seem to end up with a sore throat/virally thing before almost every retrieval/transfer and it's sooo frustrating not being able to take something to clear it. Hopefully a different doc is a good luck charm... I was so disappointed when a different doc did one of our transfers, but it was a refreshing change too. Happy triggering and thinking of you as you head towards your retrieval xoxo

Anonymous said...

Smartwater has electrolytes! No need to be miserable with Gatorade :)

Sarra said...

So sorry about your sore throat :(. Hope you get to feeling better. I am not a huge fan of gatorade either, but I do like Powerade flavors a little better. Seems to taste slightly less syrupy. And yeah, try smartwater! It may not have as many electrolytes as Gatorade, but it's something! Wishing you the best for your ET!

melissa said...

Smart water is the one with vitamins right? I was told not to take additional vitamins besides my prenatal.