Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ultrasound #1

Well, PB&J is just PB - one little baby in there. Which I sort of had a feeling it was one. I think IJ was hoping for two but I know he is happy with one. Here are a couple of photos of PB!



Baby J is 16mm, so measuring at 8 weeks exactly. I will be 8 weeks tomorrow so he/she is right on track. Heartbeat was 170bpm. We didn't get to hear it (our tech is "old school" and prefers to use minimal equipment to get the most important info), but we could see it on the screen which was amazing. My due date is confirmed to be July 12, 2012. Everything is looking good. And I was officially cleared to go to the OB. No more RE for me!

There was one minor thing but the RE said not to worry but he had to tell me because it was clear on the US. It seems that as the placenta has been growing, one of the blood vessels must have tried to connect before the placenta was quite grown enough and it caused a bit of blood to leak behind the placenta. (this might sound confusing, the little sketch he drew made me understand it.) So, he said I might have some brown spotting and this would likely be the cause if I do.

The nausea hasn't let up, but no vomiting still so that is a good thing. I am tired and cranky sometimes but overall, I can't really complain.

So next steps are 12/7 - call from a midwife at my OB practice to answer intake questions and then 12/12 I meet with a midwife for my first "normal" appointment. I doubt I will get another US that soon but I would love to be able to hear the heartbeat.

6 comments:

Just T said...

Peanut butter is still great without jelly. Congrats on little bean :)

Chickenpig said...

Congrats!!!!

Maria said...

Very exciting!!! So happy all is well.

Anonymous said...

Great news!!! And no vomitting!!! What a lucky girl!

DandelionBreeze said...

Wonderful that you saw your little one so clearly and their little heartbeat... must have been an amazing moment :)) Congratulations xoxo

Mrs. H said...

Congrats on your little bean!