Tuesday, November 8, 2011

figuring out a due date

So I have been looking for those due date calculators online and I am getting conflicting info from them. I think doing IVF makes a difference in how it is calculated but I am not sure how it affects the date. A couple have given me July 12, 2012 so I am going with that. I also got July 15 from one of them. Of course if I have twins, it will be more like mid-June. But we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Technically, I am 4 weeks 5 days and into my second month. It sounds so far along considering I was suffering the 2 week wait just a week ago. Of course I have a long way to go.

4 comments:

Chickenpig said...

Whether you did IVF or not, your regular OB will calculate your due date by your LMP (last menstrual period). Your clinic schedules your IVF around your menstrual cycle, even if they manipulate your ovulation a tad, so when you got pregnant would more or less be when you would have gotten pregnant naturally. If that makes any sense :)
Once you graduate to your OB, you will be like every other pregnant lady. Congrats!!!

Kayla said...

So exciting, maybe your due date will on my birthdayyyy. (July 11)


:)

DandelionBreeze said...

There are so many different calculators etc out there... but my understanding is the same as Chickepig about calculating from your LMP - then they can check dates on your early scans too :) Congrats again... so so excited for you xoxo

Liz said...

How exciting! As a twin born on the 14th of July I can heartily recommend your due date!