Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Seeing red

Spotting! WHAT!?!?!? If my temps are right, I only ovulated a week ago - not a good LP. Perhaps Dr. Hardy is right, temps do not mean anything and I did ovulate way back on CD14 like my symptoms implied. That would make me a "normal" person. And it would bump my IVF schedule up a week and put my retrieval around October 21 - the day before my nephew B's 4th birthday party. This will be cutting it close. I don't want to miss the party.

We'll see what the rest of the day brings before I call the doctor's office. wowza

Edited to add: Officially cycle day 1. Pills start tomorrow and I should be stimming in 3.5 weeks. o.m.g!

2 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

Hey! I meant to ask you - why do they put you on BCP before IVF? I understood why they put Sandy and I on them when I was her egg donor - to sync up our cycles. Why do they also give them to women using their own eggs for IVF? Just wondering! I'm rooting for you hun, as always. :D :D

melissa said...

They use them to reset my hormone levels so they can better control the hormones during the stimulation process. My doctor chooses to have me take them for 3 weeks but I have heard varying lengths of time. I guess the pills are also good for people with some kinds of cysts. Before my first cycle, they found a blood cyst in my left ovary. After the BCPs, it had shrunk. I am hoping it is even smaller now.

I think BCPs is the weirdest part of the IVF process!