Monday, September 26, 2011

Getting ready to begin again

Great weekend. Not so much because I did anything very exciting - mostly quilting and dinner with some friends last night. More because I feel like myself again. Well, myself but better because I am hopeful for this IVF cycle. I tend to be, shall we say negative.... Not sure why, but, I am what I am.

I spoke to my sister on Sunday morning and explained to her my feelings my reaction and we had a good talk about things. Turns out, she was thinking about how this would affect me from the very beginning. IJ and I stopped by her house on the way to dinner with our friends. I was happy that things are resolved.

A girl whose blog I follow has her beta today. She tested on a home test on Friday and got a positive. It was her second IVF cycle, she never made it to transfer on the first one. I am thrilled for her. I keep checking her site to see the beta results. Congrats Emily!

I have 9 more days of pills and hopefully only 2 weeks until I start the stim shots. It is approaching fast and I am very ready to begin this cycle. IJ and I were talking about the timing of the shots and decided that my morning shot will be done at the office at 9am and the evening shots at home at 9pm. This is assuming the shots have to be every 12 hours in order to keep feeding the follicles. I am not thrilled about doing the shots at the office but it makes the most sense as far as 12 hour time frames. Fortunately, the morning shot will be the Gonal-F pen - easily portable, no mixing or measuring. Just swab area and the pen nib with alcohol, put on the needle, dial up the dose and pull out the trigger, pinch the skin and inject. Should take all of 2 minutes. I am not sure if the Ganerelix will be morning or night but those are easy too because they are pre-filled syringes. So they'd be fine to do at the office as well. mini pharmacy in the beer fridge I guess.

2 comments:

Sarra said...

So happy to hear you found some peace and understanding with your sister. That has to feel so good! Just to know she acknowledges what you're going through.

Excited to be your cycle buddy! Fortunately, my shots are all going to be in the evening around 8pm instead of any morning shots, but hopefully you won't have too much trouble doing them at work.

Hope for this cycle sounds like a good plan :). Good things are heading our way.

Jamie said...

hey lis.

i'm glad you talked to je (privacy reasons? is that why we only write the first 2 letters?). I know that she was really concerned about telling you (or so i heard from mom) because she didn't want to hurt you. i'm glad you talked about it.

also - i'm really hoping your IVF works out this time around. Lord knows i'd love to add another niece/nephew to the list :)