Friday, August 19, 2011

What a rough week

Rough week for IJ and me. It started with the negative beta test on Monday. On Wednesday, IJ went down to his hometown where his mom has been in a nursing home for 2 months. She was looking very bad and has contracted a severe case of pneumonia. She has been struggling with an infection for months and was very weak but not struggling this badly. She had trouble breathing, was barely conscious and moaning and groaning in pain. That night, they started her on morphine. I was able to go see her on Thursday for a little while but she was never conscious. I am very glad I went because this morning at 7:30 we got a call from the nursing home that she had passed away.

We had so badly wanted to be pregnant before her time with us ended. She wanted so badly for IJ to be a dad. I pray now that it will happen for us and that she will be looking down over us from Heaven thru this next phase of trying to conceive.

Rest in peace Rachel. I promise to always take care of your son. We love you.

No comments: