Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Here I Go Again!

Appointment with the RE went well. We are trying again!! He is using a different medication protocol called an Antagonist Protocol. There will be less weeks of shots but the dose of one of the meds (Menopur) will triple. It is the medication protocol I thought he would do so at least my research has been valid. I should have my retrieval around mid-October (my birthday).

He said I didn't respond well last cycle. (um, duh!) The Lupron may have suppressed me too much. No Lupron this time. I didn't have enough mature eggs and the ones I did have weren't very good. He thinks the 2 we transferred probably didn't survive more than a day or 2 inside me. SO the goal this time to is find my good eggs and give them time to mature and feed them plenty of hormones to help them grow.

So here's how it will shake down:
3 weeks of BCPs starting day 2 of my next cycle
on day 2 of the following cycle, I will go in for baseline BW and U/S
that same day I will inject 3 VIALS OF MENOPUR (YIKES!!)
next morning, 225 of Gonal-F (same as last time)
I will continue this AM and PM regimen for a few days - BW and U/S mixed in there too
at approximately cd 7, I will start injecting Ganirelix to prevent ovulation (instead of Lupron) and continue the other 2 meds
a few days later I will trigger with HCG as I did last time
a day and a half later is the retrieval (approx Oct 15)
and then we will figure out the transfer date

I should have my beta test before Halloween. Wouldn't a Positive be a nice treat - no Negative as a trick.


Edited to add: In looking at a calendar more closely, I don't think I will have my retrieval until the last week of October. So that would put the beta mid November. The RE got a phone call while we were talking dates and I think that threw him off.

No comments: