Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tom Petty was right

Waiting is the hardest part.

I meant to post this yesterday:
Well I am home. The procedure went ok. They took me in 50 minutes late so of course I was starting to get more and more nervous. The IV wasn't too bad and I got pretty relaxed once I saw my doctor. They wheeled me in and gave me the anesthesia. I don't remember anything until I woke up. I guess they were talking to me but I have no recollection of any of it. The doctor said they got 6 eggs. I am pretty upset about this as I was expecting at least 10-12. I was visibly upset and he told me it was fine, that 6 is fine. But I know it isn't very good. He told me not to dwell on it and to hope for the best. I am trying to but I just keep getting teary about it. All those shots and all that discomfort for only 6 eggs. They will fertilize them today and call me tomorrow with a report on how that are doing. He said the transfer will be either Wednesday or Thursday. I have never heard of a 2 day transfer (Wed) which also worries me. But, I just have to stay positive and keep praying that things will be ok. I am going to try to get some rest and eat salty foods like I was told to do (can't complain about that part!). 
Post anesthesia


Of course I wore my socks!


And here is where I am at today:
So I gained 3lbs last night. Yup, 3. I guess some bloating is normal but I feel HUGE. My pants are too tight and the occasional soreness has returned. I probably should have stayed home today but I am at work. The nurse just called me back, I left a message this morning about the 3lbs, and she is going to talk to the doctor about it. I don't seem to be feeling any better. She said once she talks to him, she will call me back and should have the fertilization report. I am praying for at least 1 to have made it thus far. 

I will post again once I hear back from her.

No comments: