Friday, January 6, 2012

NT Screen

Well, I made it through the scans with only minimal freakout.

The tech had to take a bunch of other measurements before locating the baby, and then it took a minute to pinpoint her/him. But once I saw it, I calmed a bit but still needed to see/hear the heart beating in order to feel ok. She located the heart but baby was moving a lot so it took a bit to get the measurement - 152bpm - perfect. It took 40 minutes to get the baby into the right position to measure the fluid behind the neck which came in at 1.2mm. Baby is CRL 6.92cm and measuring at 13 weeks 3 days - right on track.

Here are a couple of photos of Baby J.

The blood draw was a piece of cake and off we went home. So now we are waiting for the results. Based on the NT measurement, we are likely looking at a negative screen but we do need to have all info before knowing for sure. Hopefully the results will be in early next week. I don't have that same worry that I had before the test so that is good...especially for me, the self-pronounced Queen of Worry. I will update once we get the call.

1 comment:

Mrs. H said...

Glad to hear it went well and its negative. Things are progressing nicely.