Wednesday, January 11, 2012

14 week update

My baby this week: size of a lemon

Weight Gain: 2.2 lbs. total. Hoping my beginner bump starts looking like a baby bump soon. Right now, looks like I ate too many cookies. 

Baby bump: I found a pair of my "fat jeans" that fit just fine. Probably about a week away from maternity clothes.

Sleep: A bit better.

Best moment of the week: Hearing the heartbeat again - 156-160bpm and learning our risk of Downs went from 1 in 150 due to my age, to 1 in 2700 after the scan and blood work.

Symptoms: Still very tired. Usually asleep on the couch by 8:30pm. 

Food cravings: French fries and candy - sprees, sweet tarts, sour candy... stuff like that.

What I miss: Nothing really. But if I had to pick something, I would say wine.

What I am looking forward to: The Level 2 US/Gender scan on Feb 14. 

Milestones: 2nd trimester!!

Emotions: Settling into the reality that I am pregnant. I was sort of afraid to really embrace it until now. I was always worried something would go wrong.

2 comments:

Just T said...

Wow what great news on the testing, that has to be a huge relief.

Mrs. H said...

That is so sweet your find out the gender on Vday!! Glad the testing for Downs says you don't have to worry about that anymore.