Monday, December 12, 2011

Nausea has left the building...

But exhaustion has moved right in. Yes, I spent much of the weekend either laying on the couch watching tv or sleeping on said couch. I have never been this tired in my life. Otherwise, I am feeling pretty good. I attempted to do some prenatal yoga today. It was a 30 minute program that wasn't very difficult, but it required a lot of yoga props - blankets, blocks - which I didn't have. So that took a bit of the enjoyment out of it. Wednesday night I think I will try one of the other discs - there is a pilates disk and another called prenatal workouts fit and toned. I am not a huge fan of pilates but I am willing to try it. I am very much wanting to keep my pregnancy weight gain in check. Based on my current weight, most of the books/online sites I have read say I should gain 15-25lbs. At 9 weeks 4 days, I up .8lbs. (Based on my pre IVF cycle weight). So far, so good.

My first prenatal visit with my OB practice is tonight. I am meeting with one of the midwives. I don't intend on midwife care for my pregnancy, but this practice always sets up the first appointment with a midwife, I am interested to hear more about what they do exactly. Who knows, I may end up wanting a midwife birth. I really like my OB though. The thing is, I can't really know for sure who will deliver my baby until I get to the hospital in labor. (Unless they end up scheduling a C-section.) I met 1 other doctor at the practice that I really didn't care much for. Hopefully I won't see her much.

1 comment:

Just T said...

Glad to see nausea is gone! Have a Merry Christmas.