Tuesday, December 6, 2011

2011 Open House

So tonight is my office open house holiday party. I can't seem to get into it this year. Probably because these parties turn into booze-fests and I can't drink. Now, don't get me wrong, I would rather be pregnant and have a healthy baby than to drink a few glasses of free wine tonight (and we happen to be serving my favorite red - Menage a Trois red). Usually, before our party, there is a margarita party on the 6th floor. Fortunately it isn't happening this year. They are some darn good margaritas! So I am (selfishly) glad that is cancelled.

My concern is, I am just not sure how to keep the secret in this sort of situation. I am driving a coworker home so I have the "I am the designated driver" excuse. But even then I would have a glass of wine earlier in the night. I will stick to club soda with cranberry juice so maybe it will look like a cocktail of some sort. In all reality, if I had to "come out" I would be fine with that but I am trying to wait until 12 weeks. Not sure why that number feels any better to me than 8 weeks 5 days does. No matter when I tell, whatever is meant to be is going to be.

On a side note.... I keep buying maternity clothes. I am definitely not needing them yet, but I see a sale and can't help myself. But I was thinking last night that I won't really start showing until about 20 weeks - which is the end of February. Well, I have been buying mostly sweaters and 3/4 sleeve items so I am concerned I have overdone it and won't need that stuff come spring. Spring in New England is hit or miss. The seasons have been blending more and more each year. Eh, who knows! But from now on, no more long sleeve items. Of course I will need plenty of summery stuff though!

1 comment:

Chickenpig said...

I had this problem at Thanksgiving. I had my hubby mix me a virgin bloody Mary. At dinner I had a glass of wine at my place and sipped it a couple of times and just kind of dumped it in the sink when I was alone clearing plates. It can be tough at this time of year if you don't want to be outed :)