Saturday, August 9, 2008

Pick your own fruit...

So to add to my obsession with farms and farmer's markets that has heightened this summer, today, we went blueberry picking with IJ's sister and brother-in-law. It was a fantastic day - perfect weather. We took home 12.75 lbs of blueberries, C & B took home almost 20 lbs. Tomorrow we will rinse and freeze most of them. They should last a really long time. IJ is going to make blueberry and peach cobblers tomorrow night for dessert. I plan to have fresh blueberries in my yogurt all week. IJ too. We love our fruit and yogurt for breakfast. IJ's with granola, mine with almonds. of course, they'd taste fantastic in muffins or cake, but no sweets for me during the week. Going into week 5 with this new eating method - still liking it. Not losing weight, but eating healthier for sure.

On a side note, tomorrow is my sister Ja's 21st birthday. UNBELIEVABLE! Happy 21st Birthday Ja!!! Love you!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

love the shout out!