Friday, June 15, 2012

36 weeks and counting down


Cant believe the end of my pregnancy is in sight. The beginning went by slowly but these last 10 or so weeks have FLOWN by! I am getting tired very easily. Even trekking up to our condo on the 4th floor (no elevator) has gotten tough. The hot days are the worst - the swollen feet and hands get so painful. But, I am still doing everything I have been doing and the nursery is just about ready. I keep looking in there for something more to do to get ready, but there really isn't much left. Our glider will be here late next week and once that is in, a few adjustments will be made and that's it... DONE!

I started non stress tests 2x/week - first one was this past Wednesday. Baby J passed with flying colors. The nurse called him an over-achiever. Second one is tomorrow. My appt with the doctor went well on Wednesday too. He did say he is amazed that I haven't had another bleeding incident by now and that he expected me to already be on bed rest. But I have followed his instructions to a T. I guess I had sort of forgotten those things were likely to happen. It is possible that the baby's head is resting right on my placenta and even if it does bleed some, the blood might be trapped by his head. We don't know for sure - that is just a theory.

Anyway, my doctor isn't comfortable waiting until July 9 for my c-section. We are hoping something opens up the week of July 2 but if it isn't looking that way, he may move me up to June 28...June 28, as in less than 2 weeks from today. He will be 38 weeks exactly. Earlier than I would like, but my doctor doesn't want to risk me having a bad bleed and getting freaked out. He said he'd be comfortable with a delivery at 38 weeks.

So now we wait and see. I continue the NSTs and I have a BPP (Bio physical Profile) ultrasound next Wednesday. If those continue to go well, maybe we will hold off. If they don't, the 28th is probably likely. It may be more likely anyway. I really don't know. Either way, our son will be here before we know it! Amazing....

1 comment:

Kelly Jean said...

I can't believe baby J could be here in as little as 2 weeks. 38 weeks is still great!! Perfect, in fact! I am SO EXCITED for you! Looking forward to more pics of the nursery, and then shortly - pics of him!