Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sciatica sucks

Well, as if worrying about the Previa isn't enough, I am now experiencing some of the worst pain of my entire life thanks to Sciatica. It starting last Thursday night. I didn't know what it was at first but quickly connected the dots on Friday morning. The nurse said not to do much of any sort of activity which was NOT going to happen - we moved last weekend. I didn't carry anything heavy up the stairs but of course I did some things. I couldn't sit back and watch everyone else do all the work. It isn't my personality. So I tried to keep my activity to a minimum but did specifically disobey the direction to not vacuum.

I have been icing, using a heating pad, even sitting with a tennis ball jammed into my lower back to try to relieve the pain. Things work for a little while but not long. I am seeing my acupuncturist tomorrow and I CAN'T WAIT! I just know he can help me out.

On another note, I think we have found a daycare for the baby come October when I return to work. We feel really great about the people we met there when we toured. And the owner came to meet us and chatted for a while. It is a really nice facility and it is right on our street, about a mile from home. I am amazed though just how expensive childcare is. I mean, of course we want to pay for the quality of care he will receive, but it is a large monthly expense - comparable to a mortgage really - more than one of our mortgages actually! So I am waiting for them to provide some references for me to call and hopefully, we will reserve his spot next week. This is a big load off my mind.

Last night I set up the Land of Nod chair that I bought with his name embroidered on it. It was so cool to see his name in writing on"something" and not just in our heads. IJ still wants to keep the name secret so I can't share. but it is only a few more months. So excited to meet my boy!

No comments: