Thursday, February 16, 2012

19 week update

My baby this week: size of an heirloom tomato

Weight Gain: 5.8 lbs. total. Doctor says I am right on track and that I should be at about +15lbs at 28 weeks.

Baby bump: It's here! I really should start taking photos soon.

Sleep: Good... for now

Best moment of the week: Finding out Baby J is a BOY! 

Symptoms: Hungry. Crampy now and then but nothing painful or serious.

Food cravings: Avocado and Triscuits

What I miss: A glass of wine on Valentine's Day and definitely blue cheese.

What I am looking forward to: Hitting the halfway point next week. Can't believe it!

Milestones: I felt the baby move the other day. Still very subtle and not very often but amazing every time.

Emotions: I must admit, I was SO convinced I was having a girl that when the US tech said it was a boy, I was shocked and even maybe a tad disappointed. But that didn't last too long. I am actually thrilled to be having a boy. Boys love their mommies and our last name would have died out with IJ but now it will live on through our little guy. 

2 comments:

Maria said...

I'm so happy for you, Melissa! Your little guy is gonna love you to bits :)

Sarra said...

Yay, congrats on a boy!! I'm excited about my little boy too, hehe. Such happy times!